Thursday, November 11, 2010
Essay Packet 1
When heard that we would be reading a packet full of essays, I cringed at the thought. I had pictured in my mind these boring essays with technical talk, why I do not know. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that these Essays were enjoyable. I like the essay entitled "Total Eclipse" the story was very interesting. The author uses many details and I felt that I was experiencing the eclipse with her. I felt that if I look out my window I would see this alien world that she describes the eclipse makes the world. She states in the beginning that she doesn't remember all the details, well I beg to differ. She did a fantastic job detailing the events, she even remembered an article that was in the hotel lobby and a picture of a clown. It did kind of have a rhyme to it through; the essay had a beginning, middle, and end. Unlike some of the other stories we have read. The essay entitled "Red: an Invocation" I did not understand. She saw a hawk and a fox, then the color red. She said something about her child. I don't know how any of that connects? I also enjoyed the piece entitled "Mint Snowball" and how from not knowing or getting to taste that one creation the author felt out of step his whole life. That is an interesting idea, that one moment or non moment can change your whole life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good, say more specifically
ReplyDelete